viernes, 19 de octubre de 2018

Post 3: My favourite movie

I don`t know why, but I like the XVIII century so much. I suppose what I like is because it is an interesting century, in social, technological and philosophical way. So, in this way, I always remember a movie called "The perfume" (the book).

I like this movie because its set, precisely, occured in XVIII century, in France. The main character is Ben Whishaw, playing as Jean-Baptiste Grenouille. Grenouille is an orphaned boy. He was born in a fish -stinking- market, where he was abandoned by his mother (she thought he was born dead, like her other born-dead children).
The movie is about the smell; Grenouille, the main character, he has a gift, he could feel all the smell. He doesn`t disntinguish between good or bad smell, he just wanted to know new scents, and being a perfumer to create a scent like no other one.
I like the scene when he is creating his first perfume and show it to Giuseppe Baldini, because he come back to his native land, 
As well as the set in XVIII century, I like this movie because its soundtrack, it is amazing. It can generate a bond between the represented idea of the aroma and the real feeling (the feeling that you feel).
However, I would change some things, like the Grenouille`s looks. In the book, Grenouille looks uglier, wiht scars and malformation. That could be the  more realistic movie.


3 comentarios:

  1. It´s a classic!! At first I don't like much this film, but now is different ajajaj

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really loved this movie. I saw it a few months ago and it made me think about so many things.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Very interesting! and great that you have read the book, I think it is better than the movie

    ResponderEliminar